Food Safety Course - In-person
This course is designed to ensure food service establishments are in compliance with the
Ontario Food Premise Regulations. Part VI, Section 32 of the Regulations states every operator of a food service premise shall ensure that there is at least one food handler or supervisor on the premise who has completed food handler training during every hour in which the premise is operating. BCHU also recommends all employees of food service establishments complete this course.
This course is based on the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care - Public Health Division, February 2018 Manual "Food Safety: A Guide for Ontario's Foodhandlers" and the
Ontario Food Premises Regulation 493/17.
Students are required to achieve 70% to pass the exam. The food handler certificate is valid for five years in the Province of Ontario.
Students can come to the Brant County Health Unit to purchase a print version of the
Food Safety Manual.
The Health Unit serves all the people in our community. For some, the cost of our programs may create a financial difficulty. If this is the case, please click on “request deferred payment" when you register.
This course is held at the Best Western Hotel, 19 Holiday Dr., Brantford, Ontario.
Online Payment Refund Policy
To be eligible for a refund your cancellation must be received by the Health Unit one business day prior to your appointment or other scheduled event (Monday's appointments must be cancelled by Friday).
How do I send an e-transfer to BCHU?
- Log into your online or mobile banking application and select your account.
- Choose or add Brant County Health Unit's email address: email@example.com.
- Enter the amount to be transferred.
- Add a message that contains:
- The name of the program or service you are paying for
- The client's name (individual or business name)
- If applicable, the date of the scheduled program or service
Example: Food Safety Training, John Smith, June 15, 2022
5. BCHU has auto-deposit so there is no need to set-up a security question.
6. Once the e-transfer is sent you should receive a confirmation email as proof of payment.
If you have any questions, contact