Grey Gretzky Medical Centre
|Establishment under investigation (name and address)
|Grey Gretzky Medical Centre
2-422 Grey St, Brantford, ON N3S 4X8
|Date health unit became aware of potential IPAC lapse
|August 15, 2023
|Date of initial report posting
|Date of initial report update(s) (if applicable)
|How was the IPAC lapse identified?
|Date of on-site investigation
|April 15, 2023
IPAC Lapse Investigation
|Did the IPAC lapse involve a member of a regulatory college?
|If yes, was the issue referred to the regulatory college?
|Were corrective actions recommended and/or implemented?
Facility was requested to suspend services that use reprocessed equipment/tools. Affected services may be performed with single-use pre-sterile equipment/tools. Facility voluntarily suspended services.
|Date of any order(s) or directive(s) issued to the owner/operator (if applicable)
|August 14, 2023
|Summary description of the IPAC lapse
- Instruments/equipment were not pre-cleaned (e.g., enzymatic cleaner) or soaked after use and were stored within their respective sterilization pouch for an unspecified length of time before being reprocessed.
- At time of the investigation instrument/equipment manufacturer’s instructions for use (MIFU’s) were not available for review.
- Sterilization logs are not maintained for reprocessed/sterilized instruments/equipment.
- Safety needles affixed to syringes (2) were observed to be pre-drawn from single-use vials and stored within vaccine fridge.
- Inconsistency in cleaning/disinfecting of exam rooms between each patient.
|Additional comments and/or updates to initial report
|Staff members responsible for any or all steps in reprocessing are recommended to complete the Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques Online Course through the Medical Device Reprocessing Association of Ontario.
|Brief description of corrective measures taken
|Date all corrective measures were confirmed to have been completed
|Date of final report posting and/or any date of any updates to final posting
|Date of follow-up to confirm corrective actions taken and completed