What is the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand-Norfolk Brant (HNHB) IPAC Hub?
The HNHB IPAC Hub compromises of local satellite hubs that work together to provide community based, congregate living settings within the HNHB with the highest quality support in infection prevention and control.
This service is provided at no cost to you and is funded in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Health (MOH).
Settings that can be supported by the Brant IPAC Hub:
- Long-term care homes,
- Retirement homes,
- Residential settings funded by the Ministry of Health (MOH),
- Residential settings for adults and children funded by Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS),
- Supportive housing.
How can the Brant IPAC Hub Support You?
Support building IPAC capacity for those responsible for IPAC within congregate living settings including:
- Education and training
- Hosting platforms (i.e., communities of practice) to support information sharing, learning, and networking among IPAC leaders
- Making recommendations to strengthen IPAC programs, practices, and support implementation
- Mentoring and coaching
- Supporting assessments and audit and feedback of IPAC programs and practice AND
- Supporting the development and implementation of outbreak management plans in collaboration with PHUs and CLS
How does the Brant IPAC Hub Differ from the Services Provided by the BCHU?
||Brant County Health Unit
||Brant IPAC Hub Satellite
|Roles and Services Provided
- Compliance inspections & complaint investigations
- Support case & outbreak management for DoPHS
- Co-ordination of test kits & laboratory testing
- Assessing if referral to the Brant IPAC Hub is needed
- Collaborate with Brant IPAC Hub
- Vaccination inquiries
- Public health nuisances & hazard reporting
- Harm reduction & Substance use support
- Provide recommendations to strengthen & implement your IPAC programs & practices
- Support information sharing, learning and networking among IPAC leaders
- Support onsite assessments, audits
- Review and provide feedback of IPAC programs, processes and policies
- Support the development & implementation of outbreak preparedness plans
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, such as other IPAC satellite hub and BCHU staff
- Participation in PAC meetings
- Liaison & partnership with sector specific partners
If you want to connect with the Brant IPAC Hub, please email us at email@example.com
You can also follow us on social media.