Information we collect about you is governed by one or more of the following laws:
Identifying Personal Health Information
Personal health information may include:
- Family medical history
- Ontario health card number
- Health care services you received
- Doctors’ appointments
- Name, address, phone number and/or date of birth
Our staff will get this information from:
- You directly
- Your substitute decision-maker
- Other sources with your consent
At times, our staff may need to collect your personal health information from other sources without your consent when required or permitted by law.
Refusal to Disclose Information
In most cases, you can refuse to give your personal health information. You can change your mind about giving us your information or who we can share it with. If you decide not to give us this information, we may not be able to meet your health needs.
We may need to share your information with other health care providers or services involved in your care. We will tell you who we need to share your information with. We will not do this without your permission unless we need to by law.
You or your substitute decision maker has the right to:
- See and receive a copy of your personal health information
- Ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal health information
- Ask us not to give out your personal health information to other health care providers – unless required or permitted by law to do so
- Be told if your personal health information has been stolen, lost or improperly accessed
If you have any questions regarding the collection and use of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer by phoning 519-753-4937 ext. 222, or via email at email@example.com