Environmental Health

The Brant County Health Unit manages health hazard complaints at public places and facilities by investigating indoor air quality and mould.

Such public facilities may include:

  • Daycare and day camp facilities
  • Lodging homes and boarding homes
  • Long-term care homes and group homes
  • Public arenas
  • Recreational camps
  • Schools
  • Seasonal farm worker accommodations

Poor air quality and the existence of mould can lead to eye, nose and throat irritation, coughing, shortness of breath, worsening of asthma symptoms, and allergic reaction.

If you have any environmental concerns or complaints, please contact the Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks Spills Action Centre at 1-866-MOE-TIPS (1-866-663-8477).

Indoor Air Quality

We assess indoor air quality by determining the hazard, exposure areas, levels of exposure, and the number of people affected.


We investigate complaints and provide information about mould in public places and residential buildings.

If you have a public health hazard concern, please call 519-753-4937 ext. 470 to speak with a Public Health Inspector.