If you find a bat in your home or think that you or a family member has possibly been bitten by a bat in your home, please call the Health Unit immediately at 519-753-4937 ext. 470.
If you find a bat, avoid direct contact with it and do not pick it up with your hands.To trap a bat in your home:
- Confine the bat to a single room.
- Put on a pair of leather gloves.
- Place a plastic bowl or coffee can over the bat when it rests.
- Slide a piece of cardboard under the container, trapping the bat inside.
- If anyone was in direct contact with this bat, call us immediately at 519-753-4937 ext. 470.
- If no person was in direct contact with this bat, release the bat outdoors.
- Bat-proof your home.