Brantford, ON – On April 28, 2016, 320 students (194 elementary and 126 secondary) whose immunization records are still out-of-date with the Brant County Health Unit have been suspended from school under Ontario’s Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA).
“Suspension is a last resort. We want all students to return to school as quickly as possible,” says Ruth Gratton, Manager, Infectious Diseases at the Health Unit. “We encourage parents of every student who are affected by the suspension to contact the Health Unit right away. Our immunization team will help however we can to have all students updated as soon as possible.”
To help get students back to school, the Health Unit has immunization appointments available all day between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on April 28 and 29. Appointments for the clinic can be made by:
- Phone: 519-753-4937 ext. 445 (Due to high volume of calls, please leave only one message with the details requested)
- In person: 194 Terrace Hill St., Brantford
Appointments are also available on Monday, May 2.
If a student has already received immunizations that just haven’t been reported to the Health Unit, there are several quick and convenient ways to do so:
- Online 24/7 at www.bchu.org/emunization
- Phone: 519-753-4937 ext. 451 (leave a voice message with the details requested)
- Fax: 519-753-2140 (include child’s name, date of birth and telephone number)
- Mail/In person: 194 Terrace Hill St., Brantford, ON N3R 1G7
- Drop box: Located outside east entrance door (Terrace Hill St. and McMurray St.)
For more information please visit www.bchu.org/suspension or call 519-753-4937 ext. 451 (all phone calls will be returned by a nurse as soon as possible).